I am now holding PUBLIC IN PERSON earring-making workshops with a minimum of 8 people from £36 per person.
You can choose between a stud, hook, 2cm hoop or statement dangle earring-making workshop. Each participant can do a different workshop between a stud, hook, hoop or statement dangle because it is just the finishing that will be slightly different so it won't take too much longer to be able to go through each of the different finishing with you. Each workshop will be 2 hours long and is held at the Urban Clay Cafe in Aylsham between 6pm and 8pm on a Wednesday evening. This a a really nice social event to enjoy with friends. Cakes and Drinks will also be available to purchase throughout the workshop from the Urban Clay Cafe. Please find their address below:
Venue: 35 Red Lion St, Aylsham, Norwich NR11 6ER
You can choose between a LEOPARD PRINT, OMBRE or MARBLE pattern workshop. Each different technique will be held on different date. Each participant will also get the opportunity to select their own 3 clay colours to work with too.
Please note you can have sterling silver backings if you have super sensitive ears however, our standard stud and hook earring backs are made from surgical steel which are NICKEL FREE & HYPOALLERGENIC. Gold or Rose coloured hooks are plated and hoops are made from brass. You can select between silver, rose and gold coloured hooks or hoops which will be chosen on the day.
What you will gain out of the earring-making workshops:
- A minimum of 4 pairs of finished earrings (Lots of people can make up to 10 pairs). Please note, If you have selected the statement dangle workshop, you will end up with a minimum of 2 pairs of finished earrings.
- Skills that will last you a lifetime.
- An evening full of fun to enjoy with friends and/or the other participants.
- A chance to ask me as many burning questions you may have.
How the public in person earring-making workshops will work:
First, you will select the DATE which suits you the best, as well as whether you would like to book onto a LEOPARD PRINT, OMBRE or MARBLE earring-making workshop. Secondly, select whether you would like to complete a STUD, HOOK, 2cm HOOP or STATEMENT DANGLE earring-making workshop.
We need a MINIMUM of 8 people in each workshop to be able to run it. With a maximum of 12 people.
Please select which clay colours you would like to work with from the images attached. Please ignore the animal stamps, this is not part of the earring-making workshops. Please note you DO NOTE need a third colour clay for an OMBRE workshop.
I will prepare everything for your workshop prior to the event and have everything set up ready for you, before you arrive at urban clay on your chosen date and time. The workshop price includes everything you will need to be able to create your earrings however, you will need to take your creations home safely to be able to bake them and finish them at a later date. The price of the workshop is for the rental of the workshop kits but of course, you will be able to take everything you create in the workshop home with you. You will also receive a pair of earrings that I have made for you which we will finish together on the day.
What we will be using int he workshop:
- 1 ceramic tile to work on
- 1 acrylic roller
- 1 piece of paper and kitchen roll.
- 1 piece of sandpaper
- 1 small jar of varnish
- 1 paint brush to apply the varnish
- 1 small hand drill to make the holes in your earrings.
- 1 pair of pliers to attach your jump rings and hooks if required.
- Enough clay to make 1 small slab to cut out at least 3 pairs of earrings (Some people are cutting out up to 10 pairs)
- 2 different cutter shapes of your choice (you will get to choose these in the workshop) We have lots of different sizes and shapes for you to select from.
- 1 already made pair of earrings by myself for you to finish in the workshop with me. (this will be selected at random from the website)
- Earring posts and butterfly backs, jump rings, hooks, or hoops ready to attach to your finished earrings (depending on your selection)
- 1 small glue to attach your earring posts and backs (if required)
DISCLAIMER - If you are selecting a HOOP workshop, please note you will only receive 1 pair of 2cm hoops. The rest of your earring creations will be finished as hoop charms to be able to slot onto this pair of hoops.
If you have any other questions about the public in person earring-making workshops, then please email me at email@example.com.